Proud to be CA...
1. K.M Birla - The chairman of Aditya Birla Group. This guy is my main inspiration. A Marwari and a CA. I can almost connect with him He also did MBA from London Business School.
2. Motilal Oswal - Co Promoter, Chairman & Managing Director of Motilal Oswal Group . One of the dudes who said a NO to their family business and did wonders.
3. Shekhar Kapur - You know this guy if you have watched India’s Got Talent Season 1. He was the only guy who sat beside Sonali Bendre and he was there because he directed Mr. India. And yes, he is a CA. The most amazing thing is that his Wikipedia profile says that he did Chartered Accountancy at the behest of his parents.
4. Deepak Parekh - Padma Bhushan winner and the Chairman of HDFC. Quoting Wikipedia, “A pioneer in mortgage finance, he has enabled scores of Indian middle class people to own their houses or apartments through affordable loans.” This guy should be the ideal role model for all chartered accountants. A bunch of movie buffs might have Shekhar Kapur as their role model too.
5. S.Gurumurthy– The only greatest thing Abhishek Bacchan did apart from marrying Aishwarya Rai was act in a movie called Guru. In the movie R. Madhvan plays an aggressive journalist who is hell bent on exposing the corrupt practices of reliance (guru’s company with some other name in the movie).
The movie Guru is based on true events and R. Madhvan's character is strongly based on S. Gurumurthy. Gurumurthy’s articles in The Indian Express caused a national stir in the corporate world and did massive damage to Reliance. Yes! Chartered Accountants have been glorified in the movies too.
6. Aditya Puri – MD of HDFC. We told you we are bad at advertising. He doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page.
7. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala – Another Investor. A few facts that he is India’s 51st richest man and world’s 1062th. He has been described as the "Pied Piper of Indian bourses".
8. Prannoy Roy – The founder and Executive Chairman of NDTV. First cousin of Arundhati Roy. Also studied at Queen Marry, University of London. His father was known as Hurricane Roy. Some families are just full of overachievers.
9. Rameshwar Thakur – Senior Indian National Congress Politician. Former Governor of MP, AP,Kartnatka. Like a true politician, he is surrounded by controversies of eating money.
10. T.V. Mohandas Pai – CFO of Infosys from 1994 to 2006. In 2000, he, along with others, founded the Akshaya Patra Foundation, Bangalore, to start a midday meal program for school children. Today, the midday meal program feeds over 12,00,000 children in 7,669 government schools across seven states in India,primarily in Bangalore's rural and urban areas, Mysore, Mangalore, Hubli, Mathura, Jaipur, Baran district of Rajasthan, Nayagarh district of Orissa,Puri, Bhilai, Guwahati, Ahmedabad and Vadodara. This initiative has turned outto be the largest midday meal program in the world.
11. Shri K.Rahman Khan - A chartered accountant turned politician from Karnataka, and a long-time member of the Indian National Congress. He is the Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha. Before holding the post of the Deputy Chairman he was the Union Minister of State for Chemical sand Fertilizers. Mr Khan is one of the most prominent Muslim leaders of the country.
12. Piyush Goyal
Treasurer and spokesperson of BJP.
14. Kirit Somaiya
Former minister and BJP office bearer.