Important features added to TIN by NSDL
October 30, 2009
We have been informed by National Securities Depository Ltd. (NSDL) that they have introduced two new features in TIN this week.
1. Online registration of TAN
A facility to register TAN online is available on the TIN website (www.tin-nsdl.com). The Income Tax Department requires all deductors to register their TANs online. Authenticated access (through user ID and password) will be provided to registered deductors. Registration is free.
An acknowledgment number will be displayed on successful registration. This acknowledgment number is to be kept securely. In future user id / password will be provided to the deductors who have successfully registered.
On login, the following will be available to the deductors-
i. view of the status of all statements filed;
ii. download of consolidated quarterly e-TDS / TCS statement for preparation of correction statement; and
iii. other functionalities related to quarterly TDS /TCS statement.
Guidelines for TAN Registration
- TAN registration should be done online at the website of the Tax Information Network www.tin-nsdl.com.
- Fields marked with (*) are mandatory.
- Select the values from the drop down wherever provided.
- Register all active TANs.
Details of Deductor
- Mention details of deductor (TAN).
- Select appropriate deductor category from the dropdown.
- Mention PAN of deductor. Mention "PANNOTREQD", in case PAN is not available i.e. deductor is not required to have PAN as per the statute.
- PAO Code and DDO Code are mandatory for deductor category "Central Government".
- If PAO Code is not available then mention value "PAOCDNOTAVBL".
- If DDO Code is not available then mention value "DDOCDNOTAVBL".
- For PAO Registration number, mention registration number allotted, if any, by Central Record Keeping Agency (CRA) under New Pension Scheme (NPS).
- For DDO Registration number, mention registration number allotted, if any, by Central Record Keeping Agency (CRA) under New Pension Scheme (NPS).
Contact Details of Deductor
- Mention demographic details of deductor (TAN) i.e. complete address and contact details.
- Provide valid email id and telephone no. / mobile no.
- Provide details of responsible person and designation.
- Mention details of any regular e-TDS / TCS quarterly statement accepted in TIN on or after April 01, 2008.
- Check the status of e-TDS / TCS statement at the Quarterly Statement Status available at the TIN website by entering the TAN and Provisional Receipt Number of the statement before providing statement details.
- For entering statement details you may refer the Provisional Receipt issued at the time of acceptance of the e-TDS / TCS statement.
Generation of Acknowledgement
- After filling up the information, click "submit". On submission of details if system shows any errors, rectify and re-submit the form.
- A confirmation screen with all the data filled by the user will be displayed. The same can be either confirmed or edited.
- On confirmation, an acknowledgement number will be displayed.
- Print the acknowledgment and preserve the same for future use.
- For future correspondence mention the TAN registration number provided by TIN along with the TAN.
- You can re-generate the "Acknowledgement for TAN Registration" by registering again
Taxpayers who have registered to view Form 26AS online can view details of paid refund in their Form 26AS from F.Y. 2009-10 (A.Y. 2010-11) onwards. Refunds received during the selected A.Y. will be displayed in Form 26AS. For instance, refunds pertaining to A.Y. 2005-06 which are received in F.Y. 2009-10 (A.Y. 2010-11) will be displayed in Form 26AS for F.Y. 2009-10 (A.Y. 2010-11).
The following details related to refund will be displayed:
- A.Y. for which refund is paid
- Mode of payment i.e. ECS, paper (refund cheque), etc.
- Amount of refund
- Date of payment
Taxpayers can register online at the TIN website to view Form 26AS.
CA. V.M.V.SUBBA RAO
I Floor, Flat No.5,
Siddivinayaka Residency, I Cross,
Central Avenue, MSR Nagar,
Mobile:+91 - 0 9390221100
+91 - 0 9440278412