- Preferential voting is never heard of in Branch elections. But this time Pimpri Chinchwad branch elections were held by preferential voting. Who knows about preferential voting systems, are very well aware that this is a better system of electing the best preferred people who represent the best preferences of the voters.
- But at the same time, this is the most complex system when it comes to counting. It takes a lot of time in counting because it involves lots of calculations and processes of transfer of votes and eliminations. Implementing this system in branch requires lots of expertise and expereince on the part of Returning officer. It requires lots of education on the part of people voting to make sure that they understand how to vote.
- Pimpri Chinchwad went preferential voting this time. Returning officer K B Singhi took this challenge and successfully implemented. But I understand it could be implemented only because the no. of voters casted votes were only 146. So counting 146 in preferential manner, is much easier and quicker. They completed this task in 3 hours.
- But the worst part was of the voter education. Out of total 146 votes casted, 44 votes were invalid. Mostly because people gave more preferences then 6, the maximum no. of seats for managing committee. If 30% of your votes gets invalid then the whole purpose of the preferential voting is defeated.
- Their were close margins between win and loose. People lost even by 0.45 votes.
- Out of total 12 contestants, six could be won, and those were as follows:
- CA Vinod Inamdar
- CA Baban S Dangale
- CA Manojkumar B Agarwal
- CA Suniiel Karbhari
- CA Chandrakumar Chhabra
- CA Suhas D Gardi
14 January 2010
Pimpri Chinchwad goes Prefential Voting in Branch Elections
Looking current situation CA Exam is rescheduled: CA inter and final exams will from 21st Nov . CA foundation will be from 8th Dec 2020.
Gentlemen: AmtInWords.xla is attached to this mail. It is an MS Excel Add-in written by me to convert amount available in figures to words. ...
*1. What is Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme (PMGKDS), 2016?* Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme (PMGKDS), 2016 is a sche...
ICAI: Registration for the 2nd Batch of *Five Days Residential Programme on Advanced Leadership for Chartered Accountants at IIM Ahmedabad *...