- After each election results, the next question arises, who will form the government? In our system of council, there is no government or opposition. There are twelve people who become office bearer at WIRC and there are ten people who doesn't. That's it :)
- There are certain conventions in WIRC:
- Any member can take only one position as an office bearer in his or her term of three years as a regional council members. For example, if Mr. Good Hope became chairman in WIRC in first year of his term, he will not take any other position of office bearer in whole term of three years.
- By this convention, 12 people can enjoy any position of office bearer ship in a term of three years. Chairman, Vice-chairman, Secretary and Treasurer, Four office bearer in each year and twelve in three years.
- What makes you an office bearer? A vote of majority. So what is majority? out of total twenty two member, the magic figure of majority is twelve. Did you notice, the no. of office bearer ship available as per convention in three years is also twelve. So any twelve like minded people coming together, decides to hold one position each in whole term, makes them in majority.
- Before formal election for office bearer is held in regional council, an informal meeting of all members is conducted wherein the office bearers are elected. In formal meeting of regional council, all office bearers are elected unanimously. This convention too very old. It was only heard once broken when a revolutionary lady with the lamp, decided to do everything formal and on record.
- And these groups generally last for all three years. Last heard these group broken was long back when our one of the presidents became chairman of WIRC in last year of his term against old odds. And that incident is giving forever lots of unfulfilled hopes to those ten left outs.
- And therefore, who will be twelve office bearers of WIRC for the next three years is decided upfront in the beginning of the term, though informally. Sometimes it becomes public, sometimes not. It all depends on the ability of members to stomach the information.
- Then what happens to the rest of ten people who are left out? They do get chairmanship of at least one sub-committee, and if you are in race of office bearer ship, you may end up getting the chairmanship of most coveted sub-committee Library Committee.
- Now it all depends on you. Can you put in your efforts without getting any office bearer ship? If yes, there is scope in each committee to work and deliver. You may get some sub committee where you may think no scope to work, but it all depends on your innovative approach and out of box thinking power, that you can turn any committee into an important delivering committee.
- If you can't deliver without getting any office bearer ship, then you will have to wait for another three years. Get like minded left out people together, find a good coffee shop in Colaba and have an evening there after each regional council or committee meeting and discussing in cloud of smoke, what would have happened if X would not have gone with them or Y would have agreed to be in your combination.
- Sounds interesting? It is. How do you find this? Please comment below.
02 January 2010
Who will rule WIRC for next three years? Part-1
Looking current situation CA Exam is rescheduled: CA inter and final exams will from 21st Nov . CA foundation will be from 8th Dec 2020.
Gentlemen: AmtInWords.xla is attached to this mail. It is an MS Excel Add-in written by me to convert amount available in figures to words. ...
*1. What is Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme (PMGKDS), 2016?* Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme (PMGKDS), 2016 is a sche...
ICAI: Registration for the 2nd Batch of *Five Days Residential Programme on Advanced Leadership for Chartered Accountants at IIM Ahmedabad *...