Correction required in Field name
Period of Correction Request (from Challan Deposit Date)
Other fields (Major head, Minor head, Nature of payment)
Within 3 months
- Correction in Name is not permitted.
- Any combination of correction of Minor Head and Assessment Year together is not allowed.
- PAN/TAN correction will be allowed only when the name in the challan matches with the name as per the new PAN/TAN.
- The change of amount will be permitted only on the condition that the amount so corrected is not different from the amount actually received by the bank and credited to Govt. Account.
- For a single challan, correction is allowed only once. However, where 1st correction request is made only for amount, a 2nd correction request will be allowed for correction in other fields.
- There will be no partial acceptance of change correction request, i.e. either all the requested changes will be allowed, if they pass the validation, or no change will be allowed, if any one of the requested changes fails the validation test.
Challan Tender Date (Cash/Cheque Deposit Date)
Challan Sl. No.
Fields in which correction required
TAN/PAN (10 digit)
Assessment Year (YYYY)
Major Head code (4 digit)
Minor Head code (3 digit)
Nature of Payment (3 digit)
Total Amount (13 digit)
- Attach copy of original challan counterfoil.
- In case of correction to challan 280, 282, 283 attach copy of PAN card.
- In case of a non-individual tax payer, attach the original authorization with seal of the non-individual tax-payer.
- The request form for correction is to be submitted in duplicate to the bank branch.
- A separate request form is to be submitted for each challan.