RBI grants in-principle approval to 11 applicants for payment banks.
1. Aditya Birla Nuvo Limited
2. Airtel M Commerce Services Limited
3. Cholamandalam Distribution Services Limited
4. Department of Posts
5. Fino PayTech Limited
6. National Securities Depository Limited
7. Reliance Industries Limited
8. Shri Dilip Shantilal Shanghvi
9. Shri Vijay Shekhar Sharma
10.Tech Mahindra Limited
11.Vodafone m-pesa Limited
Do's of payments banks:
* Has to use the word ‘Payments Bank’ in its name to differentiate from other banks
* Accept demand deposits, i.e., current deposits, and savings bank deposits from individuals, small businesses and other entities
* To hold a maximum balance of Rs one lakh per individual customer.
* Will be allowed to set up branches, ATMs, BCs
* Allowed to issue debit cards also offer internet banking
* Can accept a large pool of money to be remitted but at the end of the day the balance should not exceed Rs one lakh
* Can accept remittances to be sent to or receive remittances from multiple banks
* Permitted to handle cross border remittance transactions in the nature of personal payments / remittances on the current account
* Allowed to distribute mutual fund products, insurance products and pension products
* Bank can also undertake utility bill payments
- Don'ts of payments banks:
* No NRI deposits should be accepted
* Cannot issue credit card
* Not allowed to set up subsidiaries to undertake non-banking financial services activities
* Other financial and non-financial services activities of the promoters should not be mingled with the working of payment banks
Looking current situation CA Exam is rescheduled: CA inter and final exams will from 21st Nov . CA foundation will be from 8th Dec 2020.
Gentlemen: AmtInWords.xla is attached to this mail. It is an MS Excel Add-in written by me to convert amount available in figures to words. ...
*1. What is Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme (PMGKDS), 2016?* Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme (PMGKDS), 2016 is a sche...
ICAI: Registration for the 2nd Batch of *Five Days Residential Programme on Advanced Leadership for Chartered Accountants at IIM Ahmedabad *...